"I will praise you, O Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify your name forever." Psalm 86:12

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Thoughts During First Flight Out

So you all can be with me on this journey, here is what I "journaled" in my ipod as I was flying through the air during my first flight from Dallas to D.C.

"I'm up in the air. Finally. On my way to Africa. Sitting next to a nice Indian man, can't remember his name, but he's very nice. I am now listening to my iPod and the first song I chose to play is called "Every Nation." I call it my victory song. The only line it repeats the whole song is, "Every tribe and every tongue, every language, everyone will worship!" What a beautiful hope I can cling to as I sit on this plane with myself and with my Lord.
I've been waiting for this exact moment for a year now since I first began emailing people and working out the details. As I would drive around town I would always look out my window up at the clouds and try my hardest to see the top of them knowing that soon I would be up above them. And now, I'm finally here. Looking out my window. there is nothing more beautiful than the tops of these clouds. How can anyone look out an airplane window and not believe in our big God?


And a few minutes later, all I could do was pray. This was my prayer:

Father, I need you. I need you deeply. I am so weak and I know I have not been preparing myself spiritually for this trip. Lord, I don't even know what to pray right now. I need your Spirit to intercede for me. I need you to prepare me.
Lord, you are my guide. You are my strength. You are my comforter. You are my joy. And Lord, you are those things to me because you are direction. You are strong. You are comfort. And you are joy.
Father, I've been waiting for this moment because I knew it would make me be completely dependent on you. And now, it's finally here. I am so completely dependent on you. There is absolutely nothing I can do on my own these next 2 months. I thank you and I praise you that you are sufficient in my weakness. I thank you that I never have to fear. I thank you for your provision. And more than anything, I thank you that you have allowed me to be your child. Because apart from you I am nothing. I can do nothing. I thank you that I can boast in you alone. I praise you because you are going to receive all the glory for every detail of this trip. Because Jordan Buettemeyer can't do this on her own. Jordan couldn't have even put a foot on this plane if it were by her own strength. And Jordan never would have, in her wildest dreams, dreamed she would go to Africa. Especially "by herself."
But I'm not by myself. I am with You. You are with me. You are in me. And you have made me brave. I rejoice in you and you alone. I love you.
Father, glorify your name!!!!


Thanks for joining me in prayer on this journey!!

As for now, I'm very hungry so I'm going to venture through the airport to find some expensive yum yums :)

2 comments:

  1. Maureen and Mary MJuly 1, 2010 at 8:36 PM

    hey sis- We heard you got there and are so excited for you! We know God will use you and change you each day. Thank you for reminding us of those four powerful words...it made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm praying for you Jordan! What a wonderful plan God has for you!

    ReplyDelete