"I will praise you, O Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify your name forever." Psalm 86:12

Friday, March 26, 2010

The Fight to Delight

So I got my passport in the mail! YAY!! One step closer to getting to Niger!

Today I feel so much better about going! I think the Lord is working on changing my perspective and reminding me that missions is solely about bringing Him glory. I think the most impacting truth I've discovered from Piper's book so far is where he said,

"The great sin of the world is not that the human race has failed to work for God so as to increase his glory but that we have failed to DELIGHT in God so as to REFLECT his glory..."

That truth has given me so much peace and comfort. And now, I realize that the foundation of what He has called all of His children to is simply to delight in Him. For when we are truly delighting in Him, our lives can't help but to reflect His glory and He WILL be glorified!!

So here I stand today, facing my newest battle - the fight to delight. Fighting for joy in Christ is a daily battle in this fallen world with so many distractions and counterfeits being thrown our way. It is the desire of my heart to simply delight in His presence to be able to fully reflect His glory.

"...in your presence there is fullness of joy..." Psalm 16:11

2 comments:

  1. aw yordan i'm so excited for you! God is going to do amazing things through you this summer, and i can't wait to write you letters and read all about your trip and see you when you get back! you're absolutely amazing, and i heart you a whole lot. i'm super sad you're leaving (maggie's definitely won't be the same without you!) but i'm so excited to see what God is going to do for you and through you this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jordan,

    I am so excited about what God is doing in and through you! What a beautiful vessel you are!
    Your comments about delighting in Him have encouraged me. You reminded me of what I heard Piper say the first year we attended Passion - He said that the Lord is most glorified in me when I am most satisfied in Him. Isn't it strange that we struggle to find satisfaction and delight in the God of the universe who loves us so much? We get our lives so out of whack when we make "His story" about us rather than Him (another reminder from Passion - a Louie message!) Anyway...I will be following your blog, praying for you, wearing the t-shirt, talking with your mom, and smiling as I watch God work. Love you!

    ReplyDelete